Samsung Display is committed to sustainable management with the core values of ethics, the environment, and society.
Basic philosophy and vision of Green Management
Samsung Display is committed to adding to the abundance of life for all humanity, the preservation of our global environment, and forming a sustainable society according to a management philosophy that values the environment, safety, and health. The safety of our employees and customers and the protection of our environment are our highest priorities. As such, Samsung Display is developing and producing display products based on the principles below, and is pursuing sustainable growth with our stakeholders.
We contribute to the abundance of life for all humanity and
the preservation of the global environment through corporate activities that respect people and nature based on
the philosophy of "Reverence for Life."
VisionCreating New Value
Creating new value through
Slogan / Logo
We pursue corporate social responsibility and sustainable management through management activities
that prioritize the earth.
Strengthening the global environment safety management system
- - We comply with domestic and international laws and agreements regarding the environment, occupational safety and health, and energy.
- - We apply and faithfully implement strict internal management standards for all business activities.
- - We provide training to all members so that they can understand and implement the environment safety management system.
- - We disclose our environmental and safety policies and management performance to all internal and external stakeholders.
Stewardship of our products throughout their life cycles
- - We purchase raw materials, components, and packaging materials that do not contain harmful substances.
- - We minimize the environmental impact of the entire operation, from product development to manufacturing, logistics, usage, and disposal.
Minimizing the environmental impact of the production process
- - We reduce the emission of contaminants and chemicals and the use of energy and water in the production process, and promote the reuse and recycling of waste water.
- - For this, we expand the adoption of clean production technology to innovate our processes and strengthen eco-friendly production.
- - We continuously strive to reach our carbon neutrality goals and respond to the global climate change.
Creating a safe workplace
- - We create a culture of safety that all of our employees participate in to ensure a safe work environment.
- - We create an accident-free workplace by making prior management of process safety our daily routine and continuously implementing activities to promote the health of our employees and improving on safety risk factors.
- - We protect our employees and local communities from external risk factors (natural disasters, fires, epidemics, etc.).
- - We always maintain an emergency response system to sustain business continuity.
Forming a win-win partnership based on the environment and safety
- - We form eco-friendly business relationships with our partners by sharing our environmental and safety management systems and environmental safety technology.
- - We continuously manage the environment and ecology of our local communities, and create positive value by communicating with local residents.
The environmental, health and safety, and energy management systems maintain and manage a pleasant work environment by minimizing the environmental impact and risks from our company's products, activities, and services, in order to reach humanity's goal of sustainable development.
Samsung Display integrates ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System), OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series), ISO 50001 (Energy Management System), and ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) to satisfy domestic and international environmental regulations and customer needs./p>
EHS PolicyDownload PDF
ISO 14001 certificateDownload PDF
ISO Environmental Management System
ISO 50001 certificateDownload PDF
ISO Energy Management System
ISO 45001 certificateDownload PDF
Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 22301:2019 certificateDownload PDF
Business Continuity Management System
Management of hazardous substances in products
Samsung Display operates a management system for hazardous substances in products, from the supply chain to production and shipment to customers as a response to product-environment regulations, such as the EU RoHS and REACH, and customer requirements.
To closely manage the supply chain, Samsung Display operates an Eco-Partner certification program. Eco-Partners are partners certified by Samsung Display as operating a hazardous substance management system above a certain level, and Samsung Display purchases components from suppliers that are certified as Eco-Partners.
Received Zero Waste to Landfill certification (Platinum level)
Samsung Display has received the highest "Platinum" level certification in the Zero Waste to Landfill category from the global certification firm, UL (Underwriters Laboratories). The "Zero Waste to Landfill" certification system measures a company's resource recycling level. UL evaluates the recycling level of wastes generated in the workplace and awards the SILVER (90 to 94% recycling), GOLD (95 to 99%), and Platinum (100%) levels according to the results.
Received Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint certifications (18.1)
Samsung Display has received carbon footprint, water footprint, acid rain, and eutrophication certifications for the OLED display installed in all Galaxy S8 models. Environmental Product Declaration is a national public certification system administered by the Ministry of Environment and operated by the Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute. The system quantifies the environmental impacts of products' entire process from the supply of raw materials to production. After calculating the water consumption and impact on water quality throughout the entire production process, Samsung Display was the first in the industry to receive the Water Footprint certification since its introduction in 2017.